10 members of the ALNS Gardening and Cookery club took over Katrina’s Garden in March this year. The courtyard garden was split into 10 individual plots and the students were challenged to produce the best individual plot. The judges were looking for interesting design features along with quality and variety of produce and flowers.
The awards were presented by the head, Mrs Hardingham and school governor, Mr Toby Simmonds on Tuesday July 14th
- Gold Medal winner : Olivia Smith (Year 7), who received a 7″ Android Tablet.
- Silver-Gilt Medal winner : Charlotte Squibb (Year 7)
- Silver Medal winner : Bethany Hernamen (Year 7
- Special award : Daniel Mason (Year 10)
- Bronze Medals were awarded to : Alanis Sales (Year 7), Iffy Mohammed (Year 7),Tasmina Begum (Year 7), Tasnia Ahmed (Year 7), Josh Cowley (Year 7), Chardonnay Dimond (Year 8)
Our thanks to Novatech Computers for providing the 1st prize and to the judges, Jane Pridham and Grainne Rason.