As you will be aware, the vaccination programme for young people aged 12-15 has commenced in schools across the country. In addition to the scheduled school programme, we are now able to offer sessions at our large vaccination centres in Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight on dedicated days. These sessions will be available for anyone to book into via the national booking system. The link is https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ This link will go live in the next few days. Anyone aged 12-15, who has not already accessed a vaccination is eligible to book including those who were unable to make the scheduled school session; for young people who are home schooled and or anyone whom may have changed his/her mind since their first vaccination offer. The sessions will have limited capacity available and you will be required to make an appointment before attending.
If you would like your child to attend one of the sessions these are the required actions:
- Book an appointment on the national booking system for your child
- Complete the consent form attached and bring with you to the session; we encourage you to make this decision together with your child/children where possible
- Please ensure your child’s NHS number is completed on the form
- Please write your child’s school name or identify that they are home schooled at the top of the consent form
- A reminder that if your child has had COVID they will not be able to access a vaccination for 28 days after their confirmed status
- Please ensure that your child attends the session either with yourself or somebody with parental responsibility.
- In order to make the vaccination process easier for your child please ensure they have eaten before they come along, that they bring a drink with them and if possible that they are wearing short sleeved clothing
- Please bring with you a copy of this letter and your child’s completed consent form (see link below).
As a reminder, anyone aged 12 and over is now eligible to receive a COVID vaccination. Your support helps us protect the health of all the children within your school and the wider community.
Please see more detail about the COVID vaccination and what to expect below (please scan QR codes via your smart phone)
If you have any questions, you can email [email protected]
Solent NHS Trust School Aged Immunisation Team