Week commencing 07/12/2020
Who are Hamiltons?
Hamiltons are our in-house caterers who provide fully balanced, nutritional meals for all of our students, staff and visitors.
Led by our Catering Manager, Hamiltons provide a breakfast, break and lunchtime service. Students can choose from a varied menu, which meets the governments ‘Healthy Schools’ agenda, the nutritional information guidelines and the schools Fairtrade policy.
We have 3 servery areas all of which are open at break and lunch times:
- The main servery is open for breakfast, snacks at break and hot meals at lunch time.
- The Pod serves salads and baguettes and snack items
- The Love Food Outlet serves grab and go meals
We offer a cashless system, whereby parents load the students’ accounts with money in advance, and all meals are set prices.
The Hamiltons team are very much engaged in the ethos and expectations of the school and supports the curriculum where ever possible through:
- Creative Development of topics to support student learning
- Support and participation in Personal Development Days
- Supporting curriculum themes – Gambia Day, Christmas Lunch, Languages Week
- Implementation, delivery and continuation of Katrina’s Garden and Growing Club
- Forming a Food committee made up of school students and Hamiltons staff which consists of visits to suppliers/manufacturers,
- Developing new service areas
- Trialling new menu ideas
- Conducting school surveys
- Function catering
If you have any questions about the work Hamiltons do, feel free to contact the Catering Manager:
Tel 02392 654602 (between 8am and 2pm)